Sunday, October 23, 2011

Paper 2 reflection


The purpose of my Essay was to explain how the IPod was a cultural artifact. I also had to explain why the IPod had a negative impact on the music industry. I had to show the impact on society as a whole, and then prove while the IPod made many changes that were positive; those changes don’t outweigh the negative effect on the music industry. The audience of my Essay was educated people who wanted to learn more about how the IPod affected the music industry because I was writing for the Chronicle of Higher Education.
I started off writing everything I know about how the IPod has impacted society and made that into my rough draft. Then I researched what I already knew, and found more information to prove what I knew was true. I then conducted my survey on facebook to see if people I knew used illegal music downloading to download music for their IPods. I then made a final draft and took it to the writing center to see what they thought. After I got some advice I made a few changes they suggested and turned it in!
            I was really proud of my use of time for this project. I had my Final draft done earlier then normal and I took it to the writing center to see if they had any suggestions. I think as a researcher I still have a lot to learn about all of the resources I have available to me. I need to explore the library website more and get more familiar with it. In the library I found a book that had a lot of good information in it and I spent a lot of time reading through that and taking notes. My goal for my next research essay is to become more familiar with the e-resources online and look at other places for info.

No comments:

Post a Comment