Sunday, November 20, 2011

Project 4 reflection

The purpose of my essay was to research more about why the Beatles broke up. I already had somewhat of an idea on why the band broke up I was curious if their was something that was the main reason. I had an interest in my topic and I thought it would be a good idea to better educate myself along with other readers who may also have an interest in the Beatles. My audience was anyone who was interested in the Break up. The Beatles were perhaps the most well know band ever so the interest of their break up goes beyond people who just like their music. I gave my audience a brief background of how the Beatles were formed and struggles they overcome along with the personalities of the band members because I realized that not everyone who was interested in the Beatles would be knowledgeable about all of the factors that i felt were important to understand the bands break up. While a was developing my paper, I first used google to search for common possible reasons the break up occured. Then I used online databases to find more information and search for those specific topics. The pier review helped me a lot because the writer i peer reviewed for loaned me a great book that had a lot of information on the Beatles.

My strengths in this project were my enthusiasm for my paper because I really enjoyed researching the Beatles. There was also so much information on this topic - more then I expected- and I think I did a good job at structuring my paper. I also used my time very wisely on this paper. I had the entire paper done a week before it was due, which is very unusual for me. It is a good thing I did that because the weekend before it was due I had to unexpectedly go out of town for my grandfathers funeral so when I got back to school I only had to do citations. My goal is to make a great video project out of this paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment